The honours board that hung on the wall of the school hall name all of the school captains (head-prefect) for the period 1930-1972. Anthony J Sargeant, Tony, was a pupil from 1955-62. In this piece he reflects upon the school ethos and regime with respect to Daily Morning Assembly during that period. The school in question had been one of many Grammar schools in South London endowed by the Livery Companies of London (in this case The Haberdashers’ Company) – Thus the school was ‘Haberdashers’ Aske’s Hatcham Boys’ School.
This hardback childrens’ annual was published by Dean and Sons of London in the 1950s. Such books were a popular Christmas present in those far off days. Anthony Sargeant found this copy in some boxes of books bought at auction.